Photo Credit: picture10 - stock.adobe.com
There are a lot of high-end fashion brands out there, but Dolce and Gabbana are two of the most popular. This Milan, Italy-based company was founded in 1985 and is one of the most prestigious fashion brands in the world. Even though Dolce and Gabbana have been subjected to a lot of public interest and media attention, there are still things people don't know about them. We'll give you seven examples in this article.
- Domenico Dolce, one of Dolce and Gabbana's co-founders, was born in PolizziGenerosa, a Sicilian hillside village that is home to around 900 residents.
- Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana established their renowned fashion company in Milan, Italy. Two Italian men who met in a nightclub in Milan, Italy.
- When they first met, Stefano Gabbana was a graphic designer, and he said that Domenico Dolce looked like a priest.
- Their very first boutique was opened in Tokyo, Japan, not in Milan or somewhere in Italy.
- At the age of six, Domenico Dolce constructed his first piece of apparel—a pair of trousers. Dolce's father was a renowned tailor, and he probably passed down his craftsmanship to his son, who was a tailor. Domenico Dolce was raised in a sewing machine-filled environment, where he learned to sew.
- In the past, Dolce and Gabbana worked with several well-known photographers. However, today the luxury fashion brand has relied on their own skills and impressively directs and shoots their own advertisements to portray their brand.
- Although the two were childhood friends, they hardly agree on anything; not even their designs. Dolce likes to bring in more feminine styles (which can be referred to as "orchids" by Stefano) into the company, while he prefers a macho style (referred to as "roosters"). They are also very competitive with each other, liking to put unique touches on their own designs that make them stand out from one another's work.